Setting up Your Business Profile
The first step is to complete your Business Profile page.
- Business name: Provide your business name. Your business name is what people will see when searching for your profile.
- Find your location: Use the Location Finder to find your current business location and populate your business address. If the address is not your current location, then do not use this link, but start entering your address (without unit number) in the address field, then select from the closest match found in the list.
- Address: When you start entering your address in this field, we will try to identify the location based on what you entered, start typing your street address in here without the unit number (put the unit number in the field below). If for any reason we cannot recognize what you entered, we will open a dialogue that asks you to pinpoint your location on the map (you can drag the pin around the map), and enter whatever you want for the address field.
- Cell phone: Your cell phone is already populated with the number you used to activate your account. Click Change at any time to change the mobile number associated with your account. It will not be publicly displayed in any profile or public pages. To change your cell number, click on the “Change” link above the number, you will be prompted to enter a validation code once more.
- Public phone: This is the number used for your business and it will appear on your business profile. You may modify this if you need to.
- Time zone: The time zone will default to the time defined on your local PC or browser.
- Public profile URL: Your public profile URL is a critical part of your profile. When your clients enter this address into their browser they will be taken directly to your Business Profile page. We allow you to customize this URL to make it easier for you and your clients to remember, and to be picked up by Google in search. In the first field, select your location. In the second field, add the name of your business.
- Description: Include a detailed description of your business here. We have set the description to a minimum of 50 characters to ensure you have enough useful information on your profile. We have set a maximum of 4000 characters to keep profiles focused on the most important details.
- Business hours: Specify your hours of operation for your clients to see.
- Photos: This tab allows you to upload a variety of different photos for your profile and receipts, Profile and receipt photos must be 300 x 300 and no bigger than 1.5 MB, while other photos must be at least 1200X600. When you click on the photo tab, you will be navigated to the upload photo section. The first image you are able to upload is the profile photo, this is the picture that will display on your public profile, on the search and if you’re working for a business, on the staff list. The next image is receipt image; this image will be displayed on all your receipts for your clients. And lastly, Other Photos contain the images that will be displayed on your public profile area. You can upload up to 10 images in this section and they will be rotating near the header on your public profile page. Upload images such as pictures of your business, products and/or services.