Yocale lets you connect an external calendar so that your Yocale schedule can be viewed from other calendars like iCal, Google Calendar, and Outlook. You can connect any calendar that allows you to subscribe to an iCalendar.
One thing to keep in mind is that this is a one-way sync, so if you make updates to your schedule while logged into Yocale, those updates will be pushed to your external calendar. However, if you make updates to your schedule on your external calendar, they won't be pushed back to Yocale.
Step One: Enabling Your External Calendar
As a provider, you can enable external calendars for your account. Here's how to do this!
1. Under the top of the page select the Provider Tools section
2. Select External Calendar within Provider Tools
3. Select the "Enable External Calendar Sync" box
4. This will give you your unique URL for your personal calendar feed. Below is an example of what this looks like.
Please keep this URL secure, as anyone with this address can subscribe to your calendar. If you ever need to, you can disable and re-enable the external calendar and it will issue you a new URL.
Step Two: Connecting Your External Calendar
You can connect to any external calendar that allows for subscriptions to an iCalendar. We've provided you with some example instructions for some of the most popular calendars, such as:
Calendar for Mac
- Open Calendar for Mac.
2. Go to the File menu and choose New Calendar Subscription
3. Enter the calendar URL that you enabled in the earlier part of this guide. Then press the Subscribe button
4. Configure your calendar by choosing a name and setting the auto-refresh period. We recommend every hour (this means that your Mac calendar will check for any new appointments every hour). Then choose "OK". After a few minutes, your calendar should be ready and will show up in your list of "Other" calendars.
Now your Yocale appointments will one-way sync from your Yocale Calendar to your desktop iCal calendar.